This is the only photograph, taken during rehearsals, that is presently available from this pantomime – but it is fortunately not the only piece of memorabilia that has come to light – as a copy of the inner two pages of the programme has been found!
In addition to the cast list shown below, the programme notes also provide a couple of interesting snippets of information about the Drama club at that time – albeit with a few missing words – as shown!
Click on image to enlarge, scroll and see captions
Programme Foreward by Cyril Malyon
‘Much has happened since our last production and the new style stage is the result of much hard labour by many members who gave up much of their time.
*******, although we have greatly our *******, our problems are not all behind us, ******* thanking you for your past support, we would ****** ask that this be continued. To those who are (not?) already Associate Members we would say – ******** two shillings and join tonight’
Reference is also made to ‘The Marsh Street Drama Club Associates’ – ‘Mr R Fearon & Mr R Riches; and to the very positive and encouraging NODA Report that had been written about the Drama Club’s earlier production of ‘Baa Baa Black Sheep’
The latter report is reproduced in full in the website’s ‘BBB’ memorabilia
Note: It is interesting that at this time the programme shows that the formal title of the Drama Club was clearly that of ‘Marsh Street’ – also that the Associate organisation is referred too – which, if recall is correct, was formed to comply with the licensing limitations. e.g. that performances could only be for ‘members’ – not the public!
The R Riches referred to is, of course, Susan, Judith, Chris and Michael’s dad who, along with their mum, were great supporters of the club.
But who was H Fearon? If you have any clues to this – or indeed any further memorabilia or information about this production, then please get in touch via the Contacts Page.
- Old King Cole – John Cade
- Queen Coke – Valerie Poore
- Viola – Jill Cooper
- Sonatina – Dave Morgan
- Albert – Barry Elliott
- Professor Plonk – Peter Boulton
- Allegro – Court Musician – Ray Aylott
- Crescendo – Court Musician – Alec Malyon
- Pizzicato – Court Musician – Gordon Aylott
- Fairy Fantasia – Sandra Callaghan
- Desmond – Margaret Whitehall
- Delia – Pam Neville
- Page – Jennifer Barnes
- Courtiers: Denis Heath, Alan Sandiford, Robert Jackson, Gillian Argent,
- Courtiers: Hillary Boother, Jennifer Lepley, Maxine Elliott, Jean Simmonds,
- Courtiers: Joyce Simmonds, Denise Robertson, June Allitt & Carol Hagger
- Ballet Sequences – Monica Andres & The Walthamstow School of Dancing
- Fairies: Catherine Scott, Jacqueline Luxton, Susan Marshall, Lyn Breeds & Linda Saville
- Demons: Lindsey Kent, Susan Rogers, Debra Prentice, Debra Baker, Jacqueline Twomey & Jsanet O’Conner.
- Irene Long
- Cleve Edmunston
- Martin Kenny
- John Oatham
- John Payne
- Bill Chapman
- Sid Worth
- Judith Riches
- Marjorie Kett
- Denis Heath
- Barrie Trevellyan
- Richard Dunn
Lyrics to the following songs – Barrie Elliot
- ‘The Annual Season’
- Different Situations’
- ‘We Like It’
- ‘Wild Beat’
- Laugh with Old King Cole’
- ‘We’re the Merriest Fellows’
- ‘Loves Reality’
- House Manager
- James Braid
Produced by Cyril Malyon