According to the programme these three One Act Plays were performed by what was then titled as the Drama Club’s ‘Intermediate Group’ – which is thought to be those members around the 12 – 14 years age range. The programme also tells us that this was the group’s first ‘complete’ presentation – but with more to follow!
‘Four Queens Wait For Henry’
The first of the plays was ‘Four Queens Wait For Henry’ by L du Garde Peach – with the action set in the year 1547.
- Catherine of Aragon – Lesley Morris
- Maid Servant – Jill Hayden
- Anne Boleyn – Jane Halliday
- Catherine Howard – Merrill Emms
- Jane Seymour – Lesley Hart
‘Her Husband’s Harem’
‘Four Queens’ was followed by ‘Her Husband’s Harem’ by Sam Bates – set in an ante room in the Harem Quarters of a Palace in Bagdad.
- Betty Bloggs – Lesley Morris
- Grannie Bloggs – Debra Barnicote
- Mrs Enid Bloggs – Jill Hayden
- Zeets – Merriel Emms
- Dina – Terry Millard
- Lala – Bernadette Tindale
‘Speeches and Cream’
The final play of the evening was ‘Speeches and Cream’ by Richard Tydeman with the action taking place in the Assembly Hall of St Nancy’s School for Girls.
- Compere – Angela Payne
- Mrs Mardles – Debra Barnicote
- Mrs Nation – Terry Millard
- Bell – A school girl – Merriel Emms
- Poppy – A school girl – Lesley Morris
- Jane – A school girl – Jane Halliday
- Miss Smallpiece – Jill Hayden
- The Head – Bernadette Tindale
- Miss Smithers – Ann Hayden
- June Allitt
- John Taylor
- Denis Heath
Produced by Daphne Carroll