Thanks to some ‘Lockdown Rummaging’ the following batch of ‘new’ memorabilia has now been added to the Website. As with earlier additions and updates, you will find that most of these are highlighted in the website with a ‘NEW’ Icon
HOME PAGE/MEMBERS PAGE:
- The ‘Members Page’ has been revised and given a deal more prominence on the Website’s Home with a collage of those former members who have been back in contact since the 2007 Re-Union. The actual page has also been revamped and almost all of this group of members are now linked to an up to date Photo Gallery – albeit that a few of these have had to be taken from the 1977 Farewell Event when Mr M retired!
- The previous listing of all known members and school staff who were involved in both the joint school and Drama Club productions has been revised
- 1962: The Town That Would Have A Pageant (TTTWHAP). Addition of the inner pages of the programme and a further multi signed copy of the cover – to compliment the one already in the Gallery!
- 1964: Alice in Wonderland. Addition of Programme Cover
- 1965: Babes in the Woods. Addition of pages from the programme that include the cast names and the listing of the 200 members who had been involved in all the School/MDC productions up to this date
- 1965: Make Believe. Addition of 2 rehearsal photographs and script character list
- 1965: 1066 and All That. Addition of photographs from ‘The Common Man & the Monk’ and ‘Merrie England’ scenes and one showing the ‘Make Up Team’ of Susan, Iris & Judith using the new ‘Max Factor’ Make Up cream for the first time!
- 1966: Old King Cole. Addition made to the cast list for Susan Riches as Prince Ricardo and inclusion of the script pages showing musical numbers, scene synopsis and the character list. A ‘spot the difference’ type rehearsal photograph has also been added to the existing one on the website – just to highlight the stage direction!
- 1968: The Town That Would Have a Pageant (TTTWHAP). Addition of the script cover showing the description of the play as a ‘Delirium in Two Acts’
- 1970: Saloon Bar. Programme centre pages added showing cast & stage management team lists – plus inclusion of a piece of memorabilia trivia by way of a show ticket – sadly no longer valid or transferable!!!
- 1972: Babes in the Woods. The NODA Review has been added to the Gallery
- 1973: The Ghost Train. Addition of the performance poster and the inside pages of the programme
- 1973: Queen of Hearts. Programme centre page added with cast and stage management list & scene synopsis
- Extracts from the April 2021 Newsletter have now been added in this part of the Website
- The tributes to Mick Rumsey, Martin Kenny, Bill Pinches & Eric Griffiths contained in the January Newsletter have now been added into the Memories Page.
- Mick Everett’s ‘Punch & Judy’ illustration from the cover his play/book of the same title has been added into the editorial comments made of his membership and friendships at the Drama Club
MARKHOUSE SCHOOL PAGE:
- The School Badge – ‘re-discovered’ and added to the website at long last – thanks to a recent Facebook posting