A new batch of memorabilia has now been added to the Website; albeit that it is relatively small in comparison with the number and range of items that have been added over the past year. As with earlier additions and updates, you will find that these are highlighted in the website with a ‘NEW’ Icon
- Cast List has been added for the 1967 production of ‘It’s A Record’
- Programme added of the 1961 production of ‘Ambrose Applejohn’s Adventure’
- 1967/8 Addition of photographs from the Markovian Film ‘Three’s A Crowd’
- Additional photographs & the CMMF Certificate added of the CMMF ‘Excite’ Project in Deal, Kent
- Extracts from the April 2020 Newsletter & the full copy of this Newsletter added into this page of the website
- Memories on Sue, Phil & Chris in the April Newsletter have now been placed in the Memories Pages.
- New listing of all ‘current’ members involved since the 2007 Re-Union and the formation of the Cyril Malyon Memorial Fund and the ‘new’ Markhouse Drama Club
- Revision of the listing of all known members and school staff who were involved in both the joint school and Drama Club productions
MARKHOUSE SCHOOL PAGE:
Addition of an aerial photograph and map of the original school, built in 1891 and destroyed by fire in 1906, along with the site map of the replacement building that opened in 1908 – recently posted in the Walthamstow Memories Facebook Group.
- A photographic reminder of the results of the closure of Markhouse – as Ray Aylott & John Oatham are pictured walking (slowly) on the way to their first day at their new school – McEntee Tec.
- Photograph of Eric Griffiths added to the Staff Gallery
- Walthamstow Independent Newspaper. ‘Pied Piper Scheme’. 1967 Report on one of Leslie Smith’s early ideas in his post Markhouse work as an Education Researcher at London University