A new batch of memorabilia has now been added to the Website, although relatively small in comparison with the number and range of items that have been added over the past year.
Several items cover 2 previously unreported plays (The Saloon Bar & Dick Whittington) and the Drama Club’s entries in the Essex Drama Festival; also a further record on the Walthamstow Youth Speaks Competitions.
There are also some additions in the Markhouse School link – including an ‘interesting’ copy of a letter sent to parents about the intended closure of the school.
The’ interesting’ bit is found by looking at the dates – nothing like leaving things to the last minute!
As with earlier additions and updates, you will find that these are highlighted in the website with a ‘NEW’ Icon
- May. 1958. Essex Drama Festival. The newspaper report showing the Drama Club’s winning production of ‘Passion, Poison & Petrifaction’ in the District (Walthamstow) Round on this annual competition, is now complemented with a copy of the programme and cast details of the subsequent Regional Round held at The McEntee Technical College – along with the Guardian Report on the result!
- February 1961: Essex Youth Speaks. Trophies to the MDC/Marsh Street YC Teams
- March 1962. Walthamstow Youth Drama Competition. ‘Breathes There a Man’
- June 1967. Teenage Theatre & the new Parents & Supporters Association
- June 1970. ‘The Saloon Bar’
- December 1970. ‘Dick Whittington’
MARKHOUSE SCHOOL PAGE:
- December 1965. Waltham Forest Education Committee. Letter re: Meeting on the proposed closure of Mark House School
- 1960: Three former MDC members on 5X Study Trip to Thaxted
- 1960: Several members of 5X ‘at play’ in the playground!
Walthamstow Guardian Newspaper Reports:
- January 1961. ‘Last Voyage’ – Frank Gizzi (and his boat) to the rescue!